View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxy View Post
Hello, my Dad was talking with the owner of D&D Cobra. He was told the car would be registered as '65 in Quebec and then sold as used vehicle to Ontario. Anyone done this with success? What if we bought a roller and tried to register it in Ontario? I am very concerned on the registration in Ontario because it is a kit? This is a lot of money for us to shell out! I would like to know for sure that it can be done before we proceed!
Thanks!
I have also a DD kit sitting in my garage in ontario almost done. I went to DMV to register and they told me that i need the certificate of origin,i'm waiting for it from Don, you need original paperwork that authentify the frame structural origin,got a fax and it's not good,you need original documents which i'm waiting for still. Bill of sale of course to pay the provincial tax. After I get these document i should be able to register the car as "kit". They are suppose to give me a VIN number. I'm at that stage right now if I can get my paperwork. Like Greg said,the car as to be registered the year you completed it,not as a '65 because it's not. It's written black on white and it's from the MTO. You might be able to register it but if you have an accident,you're in trouble with your insurance if they find that it's a kit.
I'll let you know how it went after i'm done with that process if you're interested.

Last edited by michel schryer; 04-06-2010 at 02:16 PM..