View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
I'm a keen shooter myself and own several firearms. I have to say though that I'm quite happy that Hand Guns are difficult to obtain down here. I'm also quite happy we don't have a gun carying culture.

I feel safer knowing that the vast majority of people in my society aren't armed as they go about their daily business.

Yes some criminals will have hand guns but only the serious ones and I have no contact with these people and no reason to. They aren't interested in me as I'm not a threat, customer or target. The petty criminal will have just as much difficulty as joe public finding a hand gun so will probbably be armed with a knife or other readily available weapon.

Cheers
I used to be a state champion in big bore long range rifle shooting. The bloody new gun laws made the sport impossible. Many clubs and rifle ranges have closed down. The rifle clubs were one of the most sociable organizations I was ever involved in. GOD I hope the government doesn't go as hard as they did to crush the shooting sport...on the auto sports.