View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 351W, 400 Horses
Not Ranked     
Default The Dry Rally Run Today 4/07/10

Hi Guys,

I made a dry run of the rally route to Gillette Castle and to Mohegan Sun Today. What a beautiful Ride. :

What was noted: To get to RT 66, RT15 merges onto I 91, and follow the signs to RT66 East. Once on RT 66 at the beginning there is many places to gas up or get some refreshments. You'll then see signs straight ahead for RT 9 South.

Once on RT 9, Exit 7 Gillette Castle State Park signs are widely visible. Follow the signs on RT 82 and they will take you right to the park.

Once in the Park, We all can assemble at the rear parking area. Restrooms were open today, however, I'm not sure about Saturday. Bring your cameras, this place is very nice.

The ride to Mohegan was even nicer. The back roads of farm lands and nice roads was a pleasure. There are also places to gas up on the way as well. Prior to I395 there is a Walmart and a BigY parking lot if needed.

Once at Mohegan, we can all park in the garages bare right for the rear garage (summer). When leaving this garage I 395 is easy to get to shortly down the road to the right.

Hope you will join us. Bring Your camera, spring clothing (especially for the morning run) and maybe a little cash for some eats, treats, and slots.

GARY
Name:  2010-04-07 mohegan sun dry run sm.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  36.9 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by SD5805; 04-07-2010 at 03:46 PM..