Thread: Bonnet latches.
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZCOBRA View Post
Went to get some stuff for the reno's today and had a look at our local Bunnings today whilst I was there damned if i could find anything???? Lead us to the right isle number Baz,product code even ,would be helpful to all it's a nice little product!!!....did you modify any part of it?..
Here you are Oz,

This morning I made a special trip to Bunnings to obtain the info which you requested and here it is:-

The product is known as 'Cam Locks', They are manufactured by Prestige and are normally used for securing lockers , vending machines tec. (Spot on assumption by Boxhead there). They come in three projection lengths of 10mm, 16mm and 23mm. I used the 23mm one. They have a 30mm striker and require a 19mm hole through the bonnet. The original style handles which can be fitted later, use the some holes. The only modification to the original style handles, is to fit them with Cam Wedges. The striker on the 'Flat' Cam Locks is adequate and doesn't need Cam Wedges.

The part No. for the 23mm Cam Lock is 0915840, but the best way to track them down is by requesting the Bunnings Fine Line (F/L) Ref., No. of 4022044. The other good news is that the 23mm Cam Locks are $9.73 each with keys. They are found in the Hardware (Locks) section.

I haven't quoted the part Nos., for the 10mm or the 16mm projection Cam Locks as they would be too short, however if you need them, here are the F/L Nos.:- 10mm 4021938, 16mm 4023991.

They don't come with the polished oval stainless steel backing plates that fit between the locks and the duco. These were knocked up and mounted with a rubber backing to protect the paint.

If you need any more info, just ask.

Baz