Thread: Dead Cylinder
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Easy big GUY

Gun Doc Doc you are helping to fill in some things. First off, last fall, did you empty the fuel system and run the carbs out of gas?? Did you replace the gas filter and open it up, this is to see if there is any debry in there? Here's the mean question, If the fuel system was not emptied, did you fill and run some gas stablizer through the system? How did the MSD system check out?? Before you start disassembling the motor, leak down test and compression test will tell you if that cylinder is fuel washed.
Is there any change that you red lined the motor? bent some pushrods? Using a vacuum gauge might help. You all ready know the bad cylinder, Check out theses parts too. The motor will run with a bent pushrod. The other question, does the motor run better ot worse when hot or cold? This is also important. What hoses are you running on the Webers? There are starting to be problems with running rubber hoses. The rubber is breaking down because of the 10% ethonal ( spelling is off ). I have had to replace all the rubber hoses in my chain saws, and now the fuel system in my car for the fi system. The rubber turns into little balls of goo. The one carb could also have tarnish in the bowl and causing this problem. Keeps us posted. Rick L.