View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPO2820 408W; former ERA CCX 3-3408 owner
Not Ranked     

Voss Performance which has done numerous 427 Roush installs in Superformance and who, by the way comes highly recommended by Lance Standler, one of the owners of Superformance, uses rubber mounts that cost all of about $50 on their web site. I know, I know everyone swears that if you don't use rock solid, Kryptonite/Steel/Polyurathane mounts that vibrate your car to pieces (and cost 5 times as much) that your side pipes are going to hit the body but frankly I think that is a bunch of BS unless you drag race your car all day and do 7,000 rpm clutch drops and otherwise intentionally abuse your Cobra.

Why else would the foremost installer of big inch engines in Superformance use rubber mounts? Think about. They charge mega bucks to make turn key Superformance cars for big rollers with large cash rolls and little mechanical skills. If they thought that they were gonna get a bunch of warranty claims back due to to bad motor mounts that caused body damage due to side pipe movement would they use rubber motor mounts? No way.