View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

I'm making about 470 ft/lbs on the chassis dyno. Although I'v been to the drag strip a time or two, it's not really my thing. I put on a fair amount of street miles in a variety of conditions. And I do the open track thing 6-8 week ends a year. On the street I drive pretty easy, and like a well behaved vehicle. On the track I beat on it pretty hard.

I have a stock Mustang clutch pedal, cable, arm, and a Ford TKO Bellhousing. All essentially stock parts.

I use a Centerforce dual friction clutch and pressure plate, with a Ford bearing.

This combo is easy on the left leg, drives easy at slow speeds, not problems at stop lights in traffic, and hooks up well on the track. It's also quite durable. I'm afraid to experiment with anything else, because replacement requires engine removal. This is what it looks like after 2 years of abuse. I replaced the disc and PP, and resurface the flywheel. The disc and PP could probably have gone back in; but the parts are cheaper than my time to replace next year.