View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

I found that there is a relationship that applies to turns on the adjusting nut .... but it ONLY relates to the number of lbs that it will change for that particular corner and spring rate . When I ran dirt cars , we experimented on the scales so we knew when we got to the track what did what ... and then came back and reweighed the car to record the wheel weights if any changes were made at the track .... which I guess is what Jerry said .
The only other thing I`ll throw in is that the crossweight % are very important and should be as equal as possible for the street . Circle track is another story. Mine ended up at 50.3% on one diagonal and 49.7% on the other .... with the driver in the car .
Ernie is correct .. it is a very time consuming process , but well worth it when the car is set up right .
BTW , keep in mind that a car works on diagonals , i.e. picture the car balanced on a pole in the center . If you raise the RF , you add weight there and also to the LR . You also decrease weight on the LF and RR . A very simplistic brief explanation of a very complex subject .
When you finish ... record all settings/dimensions etc !!

Bob