View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, Boss 351 w/ TKO 5 speed, 94 vette suspension
Not Ranked     

Here's my 2 cents. I built the tank in my car but used the EM tank as a basic pattern. The filler is at the half full position because of the shape. It was the easiest way to make the tank wide enough to hold enough fuel and not put the filler hose in the trunk. Yes there is a vent from the top of the tank that should conect to the filler tube bellow the fuel cap to allow the air out of that part of the tank as it is filled. I know that I can't just lock the fuel nozzle wide open and fill my car. I usually just hold it and watch. I will say that when mine gets close to full I can see fuel being pushed through the vent in the filler tube. As for venting the tank from preasure, if you're using the LeMans style cap; it like most older cars vents itself. I do think some of the later EM's used a late model preasure style cap under the Lemans. This could change things greatly when fueling because the hole is probably just big enough for the fuel nozzle. I pour fuel down a 2" pipe under my fuel cap.
A Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, The Sort of House I Lived In, or The Kind of Car I drove, But The World May Be Different Because I Was Important In The Life of A Child.