View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Kevin is correct about putting weight or at least the alignment shop needs to know the weight of the people normally riding in the car most of the time. Well, at least for a daily driver.

Funny story, Years ago, I had a car aligned and the alignment guy asked me how many people rode in the car 80%of the time, where they set and apporx how much they weighed. He told me that he asked that all of the time now because one time he aligned a car and about 2 months later the guy was back with the front tires worn out and wanted him to fix it and pay for the new tires. So he paid for the tires and re-aligned the car (it was a little out but not enough to cause that much tire wear). Approx 2 months later the guy was back with the same problem. The alignment guy said to go get new tires and he would re-align it for free and if it was out enough he would pay for the tires again. The alignment had not changed but the alignment guy paid him half of the cost for the tires.

Needless to say, this has started to cost him money now. Guess what, 2 months later, same thing. This time the car owners wife came with him. He knew then what had been happening. This guy was about 150lbs and his wife was over the 400 mark. After that he always asked the weight and where they sat in the car.

Funny story but true. Oh yea, this was a Datsun car.

Last edited by tcrist; 04-30-2010 at 10:32 AM..