View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: King Cobra, QLD - 347 windsor
Not Ranked     
Default Sidepipes nearly finished

Been a while sinc I blogged anything so I thought I'd give an update on the sidepipes which, excluding a bit of trimming and tig welding are jusy about done.

Without reservation I can say that the idea for the pipes was ripped off from Aussie Mike...........Cheers......

This is the workings.........merge collectors with a single flange welded to it, and two different flanges for the internals.

The top one - 3 inch perforated pipe wrapped in stainless steel wool and fibre matting - then covered by the outer sleeve at the top of picture. This is the fun and noisy one.

The bottom one - Catalytic converter, stepped down with a reducer into 2 inch perforated pipe, more steel wool and fibre matting. Covered by the same outer sleeve.

The turn out pipe will have a flange on it as well, so the whole thing will bolt together at both ends.

The outer sleeve bolts are spaced at 45 degrees, wich means if I use a 1/4 inch spacer, there are convenient bolt placements for the heat shield, and I can turn the dump pipe from 45 degrees down to straight out the side on lad days.

Cheers