Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakjack View Post
Thank you David. I am just a foot soldier attending Tea Party rallies here in Georgia. You take it up a few notches.

Something good will come of all of this.

Jack

ps - Do the reporters drool over your "product" when they interview in the shop?
No, I am just another blade of grass in a vast movement of concerned citizens who want to bring fiscal responsibility back to our government. Both sides spend all the money and then blame everyone else. Those of us who organize would be nothing--nothing--without you foot soldiers. I thank you will all that is in me for attending and supporting Tea Party Rallies in your state.

Yes, reporters do drool when they come in. I am so fortunate to have something to break the ice when they show up. They are immediately "disarmed" by the cars. We usually spend a lot of time talking about the cars before they even ask about Tea Party stuff. Then, I carefully bring up our factory in Poland and how I saw 20,000 men and women lose their jobs one day--because of the failure of their government to keep promises to their own citizens.

I tell them how I witnessed TARP in Poland and how bailing out failing companies only leads to darkened factories and displaced workers. I tell them I have seen the faces of displaced workers--they are the ones I hired when I first went to Poland. I tell them of the desperation in men's eyes as they begged for work. I show them pictures of when I first arrived in Poland. I show them the lights were out because Poland's own defense industry could no longer afford to keep them on.

Then I talk about US manufacturing and how our manufacturing jobs are disappearing before our very eyes.

Finally, I tell them, the Tea Party is not about conservative values or liberal values. It is not about Democrats or Republicans. It is about responsibility. TARP was an irresponsible financial vote that taxes our children without representation. When all the money is gone, there will not be liberal or conservative debate or discussion. I have seen it in Poland. I have seen it in Peru. I have seen it in Russia. I have seen it is Greece.

In the end, I believe the cars help to tell a story to the reporters that I truly believe, because I lived it. The cars help them to see see we Tea Partiers really don't have horns growing out of our heads. We don't have guns in every pocket. We harbor no ill will towards immigrants or anyone of any color--in fact, we welcome anyone who wants to join with open arms. We just want the politicians to learn the lessons we all learned in college when we got our first credit card. We must quit spending money like there is no tomorrow because tomorrow will surely come. And when it does, the bill will be due, along with the interest.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."