View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster II
Not Ranked     

OK...Its been a while since the update, but we have a driver. The 4.6L DOHC fired up perfect and sounds wonderful. Emmerson made me a new hood skin with a larger sweet scoop. It is now on my existing hood and works wonderful. No more clearance issues. Wood dash is almost complete. Hopefully 2 weeks away from final paint. I have a couple items that we still need to work on. If you'll could provide some help, I would really appreciate.

1) I have the bumpers, but haven't installed. On the front, how do you deal with the clearance issue of getting a long bolt in on the top? Also, what is the size of pipe that needs to be cut for mount. Any tips or tricks for this to have simple clean install would be appreciated.

2) My kit came with the premium dash that has the curved ears on the ends. Since I'm going with a wood dash, I have to re-glass the area that the ear covered. I'm trying to make it the same surface as the door when the door is closed. Has anyone done this or have some pictures that can share?

I appreciate the help.

Krewton