View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sound like a feed back through the directional switch

Sledge Bill if you are getting a big jump on the amp or voltage gauge you have a wiring problem. I would start by looking at all the park and turn signal lights and sockets on the car. You have a shorted wire to ground on the left side of the car. Start with the sockets for the bulbs. replaced one at a time. Also check for water or corrodesion in the sockets. You could also have just a bad bulb on the left side. Does any thing happen when the brakes are applied??? Start with the bulbs and remove the covers. do this in a dark place and see if the bulbs look brighter or are dim with the signal switch on or off. Unhook the Alt to not damage the regulator. Next would be to test each wire for a short to ground or another wire. Make sure your grounds on the motor and chassic are clean and tight. You should have 2 grounds to the motor and 1 to the chassic. for the best electrical setup. If you are still having problem after this, send a p-m I will try and walk you through the problem. a wiring harness print out would help also. Rick L.