View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. And comments made. Much appreciated. Thanks for the recommendation of site Tony...good to see you here.

So to try and answer some of those questions...

1. Budget...not an issue...it'll by a labor of love in time..i know the cost assoc with, and thats why we're waiting a year..plus gives me ample time to research and learn from you all.
2. Use..just for pleasure..
3. Originality...as much as practical...not dead set on 98% to the master. Its just something to do and have to enjoy.
4. Mechanical Skills...i'm an mech engineer retired from Navy after 30 years. I work on all my cars.
5. I'm leaning towards....IRS, 427 block. I like FFR's setup. Kirkham's is nice also.

Basically this is my girlfriends idea (great woman) and she along with me wants to build it, not have it 95% done and just throw in eng/tranny. Its something she wants us to do together..and i'm all for it. FFR is very appealing in that regard.

6. Yes, i frequent Jenro's often, probably seen each other there and didnt know it. My shelby is white/vista blue stripes. I have the Proglass hood.

I look forward to reading and learning...and trust me, i will ask questions in the appropriate area..