View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2813, Roush 427SR/TW
Not Ranked     

That is precisely why I took my car up to Dennis Olthoff a couple months ago. There was nothing specific wrong with the car, but I wanted him to go over the car and check all of the "nuts, bolts, fittings, etc." I specifically told him to look at the brakes and suspension. I have car #2813 and about 1700 miles on it. I just think that it is a good practice with these cars to have them put on a lift once every 12-18 months and gone over by someone with more knowledge than I have.

Much of this relates to who the dealer was as well since they have the opportunity to do this at delivery as well. I do not think it is a required step, but it is something that my dealer mentioned he routinely does with every delivery.

The dealer and engine installer are as important as the manufacturer with these cars.

Sorry you had problems with yours. I always worry about something like this and plan to take my car up to Dennis every 12-18 months. Does it look like something that could have been prevented or is it a part failure?