View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Tone, a big consideration is support, so depending on where your located may influence your decision, but saying that you will find the support from this site is very good. (and if there are any B-Club Builders groups floating around on your brand you choose)

As I have said to others asking what kit to get, you really need to write up a list of things you want in a kit, then write them down in order of how high on the list they are.
Items to list are body shape, wheel base size, IRS or Live axle, seperate chassis or bonded/riveted body to chassis, size of footwells, required donor parts, a local engineer who can work with you will also be beneficial if he is looking at a kit he has approved in the past, then there is also wheel options and offsets, what type of IRS (Jag with inboard brakes or Nissan/Holden/Falcon), do you want a car that is a pure street car, or are you looking for a circuit racer, or is your preferance drag strip?
There is plenty of things to consider.
So spend a week or 2 thinking about the above items, talk to an engineer (the one your likely to use), and write up a list in order of requirements, then if you still dont know what you want then throw your list on here and I am sure you will get some recomendations.
Then once you have narrowed it down, spend some time and fly/drive walk to the suppliers you have chosen and talk to them face to face, check out there shop, look at cars, kits in teh build process and generally "feel out" the supply, some of them are real abrupt and I have even heard of one who after talking to potential buyers says "go and look at a different supplier - you cant afford to build one of my kits".
Then also once you have narrowed it down pm some of the guys in here who have the kits you like and chat to them, a phone call could save you alot of heartache.

And then at the end of the day remember it is just an expensive toy so enjoy it

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 05-19-2010 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Spelling