View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am a fan of FFR, the price, the support, the easy maintenance for the most part. That assumes a typical build, 302, T-5, live axle. Cheap, effective, reliable, decent performance all in all, a hard to beat package.

However, personally I just can't get around the perky butt issue and that factor alone rules them out for me. So, how about this new generation? I think it's a winner, I think it's a horse race between several different manufacturers with this new generation FFR. At least, now I would consider one.

As far as handling goes there is a bunch of stuff you can do to most all the replicas to improve it. But most all of them handle pretty darn good "right out of the box" in stock form. TIRE choice is the biggest issue when it comes to handling, that is the one place you should not even consider cutting corners or trying to save a few bucks on.

Goodrich TA's, Goodyear GT-II's, other typical "street tires" will disappoint. You should be looking at Goodyear "Bill Boards" (bias, non DOT, controversial BUT they stick good) or Avon's (big money, TALL tires, will they even FIT?). Some folks go with 17" rim's or whatever. Myself, I'll stick with 15", they just look, feel better, more "soul" for a replica if you would.

Oddly enough, many folks have found a rear sway bar is not always a good idea on a replica. Front yes, rear, hmmm, maybe, there are a number of factors that may or may not dictate the need for one. I've heard some FFR owners, in particular, talk about a rear sway bar makes the car more tail happy in hard cornering, for instance.

Last edited by Excaliber; 05-19-2010 at 01:12 PM..