View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

I have an RCM kit (not to be confused with RMC). They are made by a gentleman in Melbourne. They use shortened Jag IRS suspension front and rear.

My feedback on the kit would be.
- Needs heaps of work
- Well designed chassis that is easily strong enough for the most powerful V8 you will find.
- Great looking body but has more waves than Botany Bay
- No instructions
- No test results
- Inner guards were bonded in the wrong location
- some air bubbles between the fibreglass and the gelcoat around the edge of the guards.

I bought my kit second hand, but the guy had basically just painted the chassis and installed the door frames. Both of which shouldnt be done before it is rolling.

The kit requires a lot of work, but is cheap. I picked up my body and Chassis for $6k second hand and then another 1500 got me the front and rear end. I think they are under $10k new.

I havent ever spoken to the manufacturer so cant comment on support. I am basically fabricating everything or using parts from hot rod suppliers.

This kit suits me perfectly because i wanted to do the work all myself (not pay for half the body work to be done and doors fitted). Also i have a budget of $40k which i couldnt achieve with most other kits.

There is a guy that has been selling kits on ebay for about 6months. His kit is almost identical to the RCM, is a good price and he has had all chassis testing completed. I communicated with him by email a few times and he appears to be quite helpful.

cheers

Last edited by Zedn; 12-22-2010 at 03:37 AM..