View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA, 363 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Hello! I am the buyer of the ironman Kirkham. I do not expect it to sell on ebay, but i thought i would put it out there just to see what type of interest it would attract. I am not an extreme ironman fan, but i am sure there are a few out there that would love to have this particular car.
I'm very happy with my purchase and i look forward to building it. I spoke with Kirkham this morning and they are putting a price list together for me for new suspension and the missing parts. I was unaware that the control arms were blems when i bid on the car. I thought that they had "for film use only" written on them due to the metal strut that was bolted in place of the coilovers. After i took more photos i noticed REJECT stamped into the front upper control arms. That is ok though! The paint is good on the car and there are not any imperfections in the frame or body. So, i feel that i am still coming out ahead on the purchase. I built and owned another brand replica in the past and while it was fun, i was not pleased with the overall quality and ride. I've always dreamed of owning a kirkham and now i have one. I guess i can understand some of the animosity, but i hope we can put that behind us. I look forward to sharing the build with the forum.
cheers!