View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
My DRB has won many trophys against other brand cobras at shows including, Best paint,Best coupe,Top Classic and Peoples choice and Judges choice . Looks like the public have votedAs for handling ,It goes around corners ,Doesn't rattle and Stops and pulls hard enough for me. I have no problem recommending them.
Victor, Sorry I am not trying to offend any DRB owners, and that is why I said that most of the general public would have no idea what is the "right shape", Before I really started researching I only wanted a car that looked like a Cobra (I was almost ready to buy a Toyota crown based G-Force I had a crown at home)
It is only the nutters (like me) who have a more defind image in there head of what a Cobra shape should look like.
Any car can ultimatly win top paint (body shape does not matter in this category) Anyone with 2 door car can win best coupe (although unless yours has a permenant roof I guess it is more a roadster than a coupe - as far as my understanding goes) Top classic (nneds to be or resemble an older vehicle) and Peopples choice can be won by having more shiney bits than the next guy.
It is great that you have won so many awards (I have none - but I can go and buy them for $35 at the local trophy shop if I felt my life was less because of that fact).
The DRB car has a place in the market (I think it is Australia's biggest selling kit) and as I have said most of teh public look at it and would say "That is a Cobra" (or some say it is a MG), I would not have suggested to Tone to look at the DRB if I thought it was bad, but at the same time also wanted to let him know to look at things like shape.

The CR has a lip on the rear guard, this lip is not on most kits, and was not on all Cobra's, but it is something I personally like, the CR also has a small dish on the wheels, every kit has its plusses and minuses so all you can do is look at them all and decide what suits you best.

Please all DRB owners take this purely as tongue in cheek when I say.
The old saying is you can polish a turd, but at the end of the day it is still a turd.
Only a nutter like me who is enthusiastic about the shape would say that

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.