View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still dreaming!
Not Ranked     

G'day Tone.

As a Cobra nut myself, my dream is to someday own a replica which aesthetically authentic as possible.

Not that I'm in any position to begin a build, my thoughts for a locally supplied kit would go a little something like this.

As far as I can tell, the current G-Force body with the s/c rear lip is probably one of the most accurate bodies on the Australian market.

For something a bit different, I would investigate engineering the chassis (by an expert of course) to mount reproduction front/rear suspension arms and wheel hubs to accept pin drive wheels with the correct offsets. Cobra Restorers or Kirkham I'm sure would oblige with these parts and design details.

Perhaps even modifying the bulkhead behind the seats to expose the roll bar would be on the list of things to do.

I'm sure it would be a somewhat expensive to pull off, however if I was in the enviable financial position to build my dream car, then these changes would go some way to adding an air of authenticity, that I believe would be worth the effort.

With a black rollbar of the correct diameter and design, black quickjacks, black sidepipes, riveted bonnet/scoop and simple interior you'd give Andrew and Stef a serious run for their money!

Cheers.

Steve.