View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbracker View Post
Wow, I could have written this one myself. I have been having a nearly identical problem, and it is frustratingly intermittent. The hesitation almost always happens after sitting at a light for a couple of minutes. Some rapid acceleration and it will choke momentarily in 1st or 2nd, recover and then its OK.
I posted the problem last year and the best I could come up with was fuel issues. I found a small leak where air seamed to be being drawn into the small clear filter I have just before the carb. That didn't seem to fix it. I pulled the big filter I have back between the tank and pump and found some grit. I cleaned the filter and it worked better. Could it have been a fresh tank of 'summer' gas. I don't know, but it has been doing it again and we're coming out of winter. Hummm. I checked the filter and again some dirt was found. I'm replacing the element this time. Two years and about 10k miles.
One person suggested that my filter was too restrictive. I looked it up and the 10 micron element is intended for carbs. Anyway I don't know where to find a less restrictive element for my Summit Racing SUM-G1501 filter.

get rid of the clear filter, thats what is restrictive,