View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehamr View Post
I have a stroked 428 in mine and though it would have been much easier to have put a small block in it, it just wouldn't have been right for me. My next Cobra may get a small block, though it will definitely be a Ford. It's also worth noting that there are some very hi profile Cobra people who believe the 9.5" small block engine is perfect for a "427" Cobra and that includes Bob Bondurant.
It is written that once you have built a reasonably correct Cobra, then, and only then, are you entitled to substantially deviate from the norm. The fact that you originally went the "extra distance" with your 428PI, coupled with your avatar, now permits you to build a subsequent 427 car with a small block, or similar faux pas. Of course, this "license to deviate" is non-transferable, thus it is only of value to subsequent purchasers of your car who, themselves, have previously built reasonably accurate cars.