View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I am still on vacation with the family This week but it is hard to stay away from Club Cobra! There is NO service near the Grand Canyon but I found a little in Utah.

To answer some questions, the sway bars are next on the list. It is a super easy install but I haven't done it yet. The brake masters have a steel lower guard. I can take some pictures when I get back.

Back to our regularly scheduled program......

I have been working on the brake ducting and the fresh air system. The first thing I did was install the brake duct fitting and screen in the front end. (this was before I painted the underneath black)

I used this 2 part adhesive from Eastwood. This stuff is really useful to have around. It isn't cheap but it really works well.

This is where I ran into problems. The Goodyear billboards are really big tires and as I was mocking up the brake ducts, I found that the tires hit the hose. I was going to have to run the hose up high then back down to the spindle and I really didn't like that idea so I had to step away and think about it.

I decided to work on the fresh air system instead. That should be an easy little project, right? Well I realized that I needed to finish the inner fender panels before I could do the fresh air system. That was a little bit bigger deal. But that is how it goes sometimes. The templates from the old Hurricane company didn't really fit so Hurricane created new templates and sent them down to me and you can see the difference. They fit great! These guys are so easy to work with.

That's it for now, headed to Bryce Canyon!