View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I have seen everything from MOPARS, V-10 Triton Truck Engines and Chevys in Cobra Replicas and it doesn't bother me at all. I would prefer a Ford engine in them, but the person builds the car for himself, not me or anyone else. One guy here put a $10K sound system in his along with remote start, and everything he could think of. I believe he told me he had over $160K in the car. Personally I didn't care for it, but he built it for himself, not me and I only complimented him on the work as it was well done. Mine was no where close to original and I didn't want it to be. Only one person ever made any negative comment about it and he just wanted to know why I had a 94" wheel base instead of the 90". When I told him because it handled better he said that makes sense and complimented me on the rest of the car. The non original roll bad and side pipes he thought were a good idea. To many people complain about a replica not being exactly correct and they had 700 horse motors and 500 cubic inches. Show me an original that came with that.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery