View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar 427 SC, "Red Venom", 351W B/S 400 HP, TKO 600 .64 OD
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
Here's the difference. While I or "we" may not agree with your personal choice of options for your replica, I and hopefully "we" won't be all in your face about it at a public cruise in event.
Point taken and a good one.

Quote:
Now, as friends or members of a hobby group outside of a public venue, can we talk? Are we free to express our opinion or we will be written off as radicals?
Sure, but do "we" have to denegrate other builder/owners in the process? Do 'we" not have a responsibility to encourage and support those who share our same passion? It sure seems that there is a very thin line with many of the heavy posters on this site that if your car doesn't fit a specific definition, then we're not "worthy" of calling ourselves a cobra. That's what seems unpleasant to me.

Quote:
I like some options, others I don't care for. I'm not afraid to state my opinion, you can take it or leave it. I'll try to do it gently, but sometimes the truth hurts and theres not a lot you can do about it. But I won't do that at a local cruise in or car show or gathering of the clan, there is a time and place for a discussion such as this.
I feel the same as you. Although I have not been a member of the forum as long as others, I am not afraid to speak out regarding what I see and hear. Trust me that I don't lose sleep over whether anyone thinks my car is accurate, a 'replica', it isn't "real", etc. I built it to meet my needs and I've never tried to pass it off as a true copy and could care less about the opinions of others. My only suggestion, and this wasn't meant to be directed solely at you, is that many newcomers to this forum are turned off by a few of the zealots.

I've been through the "Is it real or is it a continuation or is it a replica" threads as well as the "color" threads, the FE threads, etc. Different opinions are fine and we shouldn't all agree, but when this is expressed in a manner that causes others to disengage from the discussion, then we hurt the hobby much more than we help it. I came to this forum looking for help and a common appreciation for the hobby.

I appreciate your willingness to respond and your point about the proper time and place is spot on and I missed that. Thank you.