View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You know,us guys that are passionate about the details and specifications of the original Cobras get slammed a lot as well as those who could care less.

In fact, I've seen the trend move more and more AWAY from original specs are "cool" to "modern" is the way to go. I don't want to apologize for my side oiler, with original spec heads and intake (date coded mind you). Or my flat tappet cam when all the lastest rage is a hydraulic roller and we hear about how great that is to the point where I'm tired of hearing it!!!

I prefer a solid lifter, I like adjusting my own valves, I don't want a hydraulic cam, of any kind. When I was growing up there was only one group of people who ran a hydraulic cam in their hot rod, "whimps". OK, so this is new age, so are metro sexuals, if thats your thing, fine. It aint my cup of tea, so don't denigrate MY choices that lean to originality, which is still a very worthy goal and should be applauded by all within the hobby. Without those who stand up for the "old school values" we will loose sight of the foundation of this hobby.