View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
The fuel filler inlet and cap should be located outside of the vehicle. Where an inlet is located inside a vehicle, it must not be inside the passenger compartment and the inlet must be separately sealed from the rest of the vehicle to ensure fumes do not enter the passenger cabin and that provisions are made to ensure any fuel spills are localised and drain outside the vehicle.

Would you think I'm correct in interpreting that as.....

Where an inlet is located inside the vehicle (ie: in the boot), it must not be inside the passenger compartment (it's not) and the inlet must be separately sealed from the rest of the vehicle (the bootlid and the panel between the boot and the back of the seats - what some refer to as the boot firewall - seals this area from the rest of the vehicle) to ensure fumes do not enter the passenger cabin.

I'm keen to hear if approving engineers have had anything to say about this for those who may wish to use a race-spec fuel cell or bladder.
750, I see an issue with the last statement and that provisions are made to ensure any fuel spills are localised and drain outside the vehicle.
This to me suggests the filler should be in a well with a drain piped through the floor to outside the boot space, our a raised filler with a cup type well and drain.