View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
To further Pat's comments, I offer my opinions as he does-in the spirit of well-meaning criticism.

I second most of his thoughts with these additions. The car has poor (but new-appearing) tires, aluminum wheels, and a 500HP Tunnel Port which has little historic/power inducement in a replica. A 600HP set-up would. At chassis #188, the car is a 'non'bar' car, meaning the older version. Full bar cars can command higher prices, in conjunction with greater content. The dearth of real buyers has indicated that the car needs greater content to command such an ask price.

It's a really nicely assembled early car with excellent finish and appearance-but "aggressively priced" would be below 40K IMO.

As a 20+year owner, it pains me to see so nice an ERA not trade.
HP is conservative as I do not have easy access to a chassis dyno here in my area of PA. better to underestimate than overestimate as far as I am concerned. Tires are for the street and have less than 500 miles on them (being less than a year old and purchased when I got the new Trigo wheels towards the middle of the summer). I do not see this as a track car, but instead a really nice well built driver (semi show car as I do not feel like detailing it weekly(daily)..........I'm not willing to lose money on the car just so I can buy someone elses FIA (now I have two to lust over).Break even, sure, but lose money, not going to happen...if it sells before the two FIA's do, great, if not, then I'll most likely take it off the market and put my FFR up for sale instead......Again I appreciate the response as this is why I made the post in the first place.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS