View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick61
IF the car was LEGALLY registered in Texas as a 1965, you may be able to register it as a 1965 in California, under the "full faith & credit" clause in the motor vehicle code. (Note: a few years ago, it was perfectly legal to title a vehicle in Texas using the year the vehicle RESEMBLED- but things may have changed) But as for the "full faith & credit" clause... what it boils down to is: if Texas recognized (and titled) the car as a 1965, California should give "full faith & credit" to the out-of-state title & recognize it as a '65 as well. It's a loophole in the system, and I've heard they're trying to close that loophole, but it may be a possibility & would get you out of the whole SB-100 nightmare/PIA. BUT... IF there were some shenanigans performed regarding proper titling of the vehicle... I concur that going through the SB-100 process is the way to go. You might want to take a look at the California motor vehicle code & see if that clause is still there... not to mention, find out all you can about the original titling of the car in Texas. Like I said... titling as a '65 MIGHT be an option, but the SB-100 process is probably the best way to go to be safe. Check out the "Registration Forum" on Club Cobra... lots of info on this particular subject.

Good luck with that. Just register the car SB100 and be done with it. Having been thru the process numerous times, it is really easy. The only people who have a problem with it do not live in California nor have they registered one with SB100.................

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........