Thread: Cobra accident
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As was mentioned earlier, "alcohol" may mean nothing more than a single beer or a glass of wine shared with friends at a local cruise in. The police report, "Alcohol APPEARS to be a factor." So what happened to this experienced driver/owner of TWO COBRAS, one of which is a race car? He's no newbie, alcohol couldn't be ruled out as a factor. Based on the preliminary police report, it's not speculation on this thread, it's a possible factor.

Did the article in the paper get it wrong about which Cobra is owned by the man in question? Or did the reader miss this important note on one of the five pictures posted?

Quote:
Debbie Helms, Christian Hills, and Gregory Helms of Corona Del Mar stand with their '65 Shelby Cobra, one of two that they dispayed at a 2009 car show in Orange.
The picture of his SECOND COBRA, a race car, says to me the guy knew how to drive, he's not a newbie. He wasn't likely showing off for his wife. He would be knowledgable concerning throttle over steer. In other words, I would tend to rule out "driver error" in this single car accident. UNLESS he was under the influence?

Did something break on the car? Or was their indeed alcohol involved?