Thread: Cobra accident
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Hi gang, long time no post. Been dealing with cancer and have had a rough time. A shame, my car hasn't been driven in over 6 months, but I get in and fire it up once in a while. Until my eyes start burning. Can't push the clutch in since the big C has taken over my left leg.

Regarding the crash, I have met Greg twice at Concours shows in Irvine, just around the corner from my home. Costa Mesa equally close. In fact he has two CSX cars and one of them is built like a Spec Racer. I think they are both CAV cars built right around the time mine was at SAI. I think he is CSX 4756 or 7. I remember that because the sequence was right next to mine.
The Spec racer was built by Newport Shelby Cobras in Costa Mesa,and it had the highest idle I have ever heard outside of top fuel cars. And loud. I thought mine was loud until I heard his. It was an attention getter. The car in the accident is his other CSX car and I don't have my registry handy but I believe it's CSX number is right around his other one.

I too pray for their speedy recovery, and will let the jury stay out on the alcohol issue for now. Take care guys, and thanks for the kind thoughts and visits I've had from several of you on this forum. Hopefully will be back in the game in the not too distant future.