View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Would like to hear a little more on this picture before---

patrickt Pat your picture is of the distributor in your car??? I find this hard to believe. You wax and clean the inside of the exhaust system. I don't know how many miles are on this distributor BUT I have 14 years and except for a cap and rotor change my pickup wiring looks nothing like yours. The groment is ripped, the wiring looks cooked, this is not a high voltage curcuit. You have either coolant of something that spilled on the front of the motor, look at the intake with a rust color and the back of the manifold is clean silver???
If you are running MSD systems Most guys are carrying spare parts and tools in a bag. I do, Bag list, 1 6al msd box, 1 cap, 1 rotor, 1 complete distributor, and tools to install it.
As far as the rust on the plate for the sensor, this is normal. It needs a ground it can get and aluminum is not the greatest conducter of electricity. It's like any other sensor in your car.
If you want to keep out water and moisture inside the cap, add a thin coating of water proof grease around the cap surface before installing it. MSD used to have a large "O" ring that sealed it. I am sure that a good hardware store with piping would have these o rings to fit this. Rick L.