View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     
Default Cheers

Thanks for the info gents.

I am hoping to have a header bow in two parts to fit over the screen. I need this because a full width version will not fit into my boot. Hence the reason I am particularly interested in how the bows attach to the screen in the middle.

bobcowan

Is your header bow in two parts? It sounds like you have you have a button head on both sides. If so, does the material seal well around the join and how well does the assembly fold up.

mickmate

Thanks for the ERA link. This image from the link you provided explains a lot of what I am looking for, in the button head in the middle of the screen:

I have managed to knock up a couple of header bows but am just looking for how to attach them to the screen in the middle.

dadndave

You might have the solution to my problem (or at least one of them!) in the press studs that attach your top to the screen. What sort of clips are they and where are they attached? I have considered clips but thought that water would stream in between them in the rain.

Merv

The profile of your top is very nice. How is the material attached to the header bow and does the whole lot fit in your boot?

Thanks again

Geof