View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

John,

I have a 351W built by PE. I recently discovered that the engine was assembled using Fel Pro 1260 gaskets which have a tendency to shift after installation and use. This particular engine is equipped with Webers and I had two of the carbs off for unrelated reasons when I discovered the gaskets had shifted. I sent Eric at PE an e mail with photos and asked about the gaskets. He asked that I call him, which I did and he explained he no longer used the gaskets and had changed to steel reinforced FelPros (1260-S) as did Ford Racing. He offered to order me a set of the new gaskets. I told him I was planning a trip to Cincinnati in a few days (I live in Tennessee) and I would stop in to see him.

My engine is three years old. Eric did not have to do anything for me, but did without hesitation. I am sure if I lived closer he would have done the gasket change for me.

On the day I visited his shop he had two Cobras in for work and a couple finished cars for sale. Eric spent a good 20-30 minutes with me talking Weber tuning and my engine in particular.

PE has both an engine and chassis Dyno and all engines are tuned on the engine dyno prior to leaving the shop. My engine came with the built and dyno sheets. If Eric installs the engine, he also puts the car on the chassis dyno before delivery.

I would recommend PE without hesitation.

Gun Doc