Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I maybe wrong but I dont think the difference in price between the Roush and Ford is $3-$4K. The Roush as I see comes complete with carb, pulleys, and alot of billet aluminium components and is dyno tested. The big difference I see is Roush uses the Dart block which is a very stout block in my opinion with tons of meat to bore. I have no clue on the FMS. KC engine mirrors the roush engine on many of the components but I am sure each company has their own differences.

I am seeing more of a $2K price difference, but then again I am just guessing.
Depending on how you configure the FMS 427 it will come out $3 - 4k less installed in a BDR. The $1k swing is if you decide to do some form of polished package on the engine and components, then the price difference is on the 4ish side. Of course you won't have the heads polished or the exact same level of components like billet wire looms BUT you will have a very stout engine (this is built off the new Boss 351 Block, it is very nice).

Warranties are a little different as well 1 year vs. 2 years. You can look at this 2 different ways, either you have another year of coverage OR realize most engine failures due to faulty components happen sooner rather than later.

There is something to be said for name recognition should you decide to ever sell one of these. Also, should you find yourself in a repair situation there is definitely a benefit to having a dealer network.