View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Baz,

Wow thats a big list. I suppose the positive thing is that you have a definate list that you can start crossing off.

With the brake test, was that because it wasnt done at 160Kph?

Also was the jag suspension issues due to aftermarket shocks and springs or was there more to it?

Cheers.
Liam,

I suppose this thread is of particularly interest to you because of where you are situated with your build. Some say that I was targeted because of this thread. Not so. This thread was started after I had my thorough 5 hour inspection.

Another Cobra owner who has gone before me and has posted on the NSW Cobra Club thread have had their Inspections completed in 2 hours. Mine was 5 hours. It is obvious that changes have been made in the Inspection protocol at the RTA. I will leave you to work out what the motives or objectives of those changes are, but they certainly don't benefit ICV builders. All I am saying, is don't express your feelings or sentiments on this Forum in open threads, only do so by PM's.

In answer to the Brake Test. The answer is a definate NO. The 160kph Brake test is out. Why they want Full ADR 31 Testing again is beyond me and is an issue that my Engineer will be discussing with the RTA hierachy.

Q re Jag Suspension:- In the front suspension, I have done away with the lower Jaguar A Arms as they had limited adjustment capabilities as far as a perfect wheel alignment is concerned. Instead, I installed lower arms from FFR in the USA which are far superior to the original Jag setup and provide for precise and full adjustment. SEE MY GALLERY. I can easily go backwards and fit lower Jaguar A arms, but I know this would be making the car far less safer.

I have fitted Spax Shocks and Eibach springs all round the car, doing away with the Jag setup. This is a far safer and better performing product than the original so I can't see their problem here.

Thanks for your support here Liam, I hope you have picked up a few tips. Don't forget that when you take youe car for Inspection, you don't go with a roof.

Baz