View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
I magnified #4 up to 1000% and it sure looks like a crack----

A comment about nitrogen and air being mostly nitrogen----we breathe because of a build up of carbon dioxide in our res systems----a lung full of nitrogen will cause no co2 and you won't breathe---just go to sleep

The slime will go away with proper/adequate ventilation of the engine---it could be building up because of your two breathers. not the correct balance of flow and also the engine can be sucking in outside vapor on cool down---the ribbed covers agrevate that condition (top of motor cools quicker than bottom, alum quicker than iron)

you are pretty upset at this and it shows in your responses--

have you been a taster of coolant for very many years???
It's not a crack, I promise.

As I recall, on the breathing Nitrogen the statement that was made "One lungfull and you're dead". It takes quite a few lung fulls to put someone down. It's inert and non-toxic .... but as you hinted it displaces air/oxygen, like quite a few gasses out there does.

About 40 years worth of intermittent coolant tasting. It goes along with the many years I used to wash my hands in MEK!

The slime WILL NOT go away. It's from coolant leakage, not outside humidty being sucked into the motor and condensing up top. I had ZERO sludge while that block sealer I was using worked (6 months worth). The block sealer had nothing to do with proper crankcase ventilation.

I'm trying to come across as not being too upset, but I am... I feel I need to answer everyone's replies as I was the one that asked for everyone's suggestions in the first place. I've got a degree in Automotive Technologies and a non-current ASE master certification so I didn't fall off the apple cart yesterday.

Funny, I've not heard much from the internet experts much today?? Google must be down... Pat, are you there???? heh, heh.... Sometimes it's good to be bad.