View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-linkCobra View Post
When you do pressure test the motor make sure you check for leaks at the oil drains in the head. Im not real fimiliar with the FE motors but im not sure that block sealer would stop the leak at a head gasket for 6 months. You could possibly have some pitting from the oil drain galley to through into the water jacket.

I know that would really blow and you dont want to hear that....lol..but just a thought.
If the pressure test on the engine show a leak then I'll pull the heads and pressure test them individually. If it ends up being the block then ..........

The initial block sealer treatment stopped it for about 3 months or so and the leak started to gradually come back. That's when I gave it a second dose of treatment and same scenario, the leak started to return after several months. It seemed as the sealant flakes settled in the system their ability to plug the hole diminished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK LAKE View Post
Undy Dave what would happen if you charged the manifold with Freon? you have a sniffer like mine that will pick up very small leaks and the dye will leave a stain wheres its coming through?? Brain farting, Pat's not helping yet!!! Rick L. Ps if this doesn't show anything, do the block the same way if you can get a good seal. By the way Pat like the dentist office for his fix.
C'mon Pat, Rick 'n me need ya. There's GOT TO BE some added value somewhere, somehow...

Ya got to watch that FREON, one whiff and you're a DEAD MAN, or so I've been told. There's no ozone left growing moss between these ears..