Thread: Road Trip
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Jackson Hole is a ourist town. There's a bunch of hotels available. In the summer, I highly recommend a reservation.

I'm staying in the Quality Inn 49'er, part of the Choice Hotels group. I usually stick with this group, because I get a lot of free nights. The suite is nice, but nothing to get real excited about. It's an extra large room with a couch and fire place. They have a free breakfast, but I don't eat in the mroning, so I'v not tried it.

Across the street is a place called "Cowboy Village". It's a bunch of indivual cabins. They look pretty nice from the outside. And it's only a few blocks from the town square. http://www.townsquareinns.com/cowboy-village/ Prices are not bad at all. I'd stay there next time I visit.

Be aware that this is the high country. The bottom of the valley is 6,200' ASL. You're flat lander, and will need to adjust your activites accordingly. I see a lot of tourists pushing it too hard on the trails, then huffing and puffing in no time. Walk slow, take your time. Don't smoke.