View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Default Any new 2009-2010 EM gen IV builders out there?

Looking for new EM owners/builders. Even better if you are in TX.

Sold the EM I built in 1999. Loved that car but after 10 yrs. I was ready to build a new one with some of the "if I could do this again" ideas that I had. Now I'm wanting to know a little about the new version from actual owners. How well did it go together. My first one went together with no problem but I had Bob Speding (sp) from the old Florida based EM, talking me through the process.

Only couple things I didn't really like about my EM was that when using my 428 FE block I had very little road clearance under the Canton oil pan and bell housing, even after I trimmed it. Bob told me that was a known problem and sent me some shims but that never worked. I used the corvette suspension all around and the offset on the front made the insers on my team III wheel stick out quite a bit and I couldn't get much dish in the rear rims due to the width of the suspension. Have either of those issues been addressed in the Gen IV car?

Also, what would you guys think of a step by step video of one of these going together. Do you think it would provide any benefit to new builders?

I'm not far from the EM shop here in Houston so it kind of makes sense to look into making my next build an EM.