View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It was your verbage in your original post that caused me to search the Mobil website and others for NON- energy conserving oils, that is when I found the Mobil 1 15W50. You will also find alot of 10W40 oils and 20W50 have the higher zinc/phosphorous additives since they do not classify and energy conservation. Valvoline VR-1 is a misleading fraud, they lead you to believe it has the additives but with the SJ rating it cannot have more than 800 ppm. Royal Purple also does not carry the SJ rating and loads their with zinc and phos but it is $$$$$ Pretty interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Perfect example of how someone who does not carefully read your post will get mislead. 15w50 weight oil is exempt from the API limitations on SM oil. So they can indeed have the higher levels of zddp. Now if you pick up that same oil with a different weight, that zddp you want can be significantly reduced. And on the off-chance that oil has the SN rating after October and you see the words "Resource Conserving" on the label, forget it.