View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thumbs-up Summit / But NOT UPS...

Good news:
Placed a Summit order for some maintenance parts and gaskets two days ago and it arrived today.

Bad news:
The UPS guy delivered it by driving by about 40mph and throwing it at my porch-or so it seems. I heard the noise at 6:30PM and went to the door-the truck was pulling away and I saw the box. It looked like UPS' Samsonite gorilla had thrown it around the truck ALL DAY or they put a crate engine on it.
Further, the tracking info Summit provides shows it had been loaded onto the truck at 5AM about 15 miles from my house. I got it at 6:30PM.

You're supposed to be able to refuse delivery of damaged parcels and the driver takes it back as-is. But around here they just like to stand it on your property and fly away without waiting.

I took pictures of the trashed box before opening as proof, then opened. Two items were missing and two of the six were mangled including valve cover gaskets. Six of ten plugs were missing.

I called Summit's service and the guy was super. I offered to send pix but he said only to hold the box for Summits claim to UPS. He is sending out my missing and damaged parts tomorrow AM. It took longer to get through Summit's phone menu than for the rep to satisfy my claim. 5 minutes or so.

I've long been a Summit customer but this is the first claim I've made. Their service and in-stock selection is great. I just wish they wouldn't use UPS for ground (or anything)-but then I don't know who IS best as a shipper-do you guys??

Summit;
www.Summitracing.com
800 230 3030 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************800 230 3030******end_of_the_skype_highlighting