View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

What can I say? Yes, those are your roll bar bolts. I wont go into the times I had to practically beg you to leave the car here to be checked and finished. The car was never driven due to all kinds of mismatched mechanicals. Even the Pro's at Mears told you they were not able to test drive your car.

How many times did you tell me that you had bought a new lift and that you would go over the entire car on your lift when you got it home - prior to driving it?

Ed, I have made mistakes and I never hide behind them nor make excuses for them. Countless times I told you your car was NOT done, just let me finish it. You insisted that you were going to take it home, you were tired of making excuses why your car wasn't home.....wrong rear bushings, wrong tranny, weeks of waiting for rear control arms, bad fiberglass, wrong flywheel, motor mounts welded in wrong and I haven't even touched on the special modifications that you wanted...and got.

I'm sorry you are obviously not happy with your car, I tried everything I knew how. (I was warned but I thought for sure I could make what you wanted!)

How many times, even before you left the shop with a "Shiny" car that I told you it still needed finished buffed and sealed one last time to remove the haze? Again I got from you I'll take it home and buff it out! No problem, we went over the different compounds and even the type of buffers you could use.

As far as the gas leak showing up weeks / months (?) after it was done and tested-OK, is not acceptable! I'm still waiting for the final out come on that one--tested weld under pressure or a fitting? (Your tank was tested at 15+ psi for 24 hours and showed no loss of air watt so ever!??)

I asked and told you right here very publicly many times to bring the car back anytime and I would go over every complaint you had. What I got was a final answer of a OK sort of but you were not going to leave the car more than 3 or four days), Rush it through once again.... I do not remember the exact time frame but I am sure you will find it in the posts and be able to bring it up.

Ed, your a great guy, and I want to again Thank You for all the help on my computer problems that you provided! I WOULD do it again in a minute for you, but I'm afraid we would have to set some ground guidelines to go by.

If you are set to sell, whoever gets that sweetheart WILL have a heck of a car. Hope they are a little bit smaller though. There are countless modifications to your Cobra that make it one of a kind.

I AM truly sad that I couldn't make you 100 and 10 Percent happy! After the nightmare with CR's you sure didn't need any more problems with the build!

I'd STILL be proud to put my "DV" plate on the car! When you do find a buyer tell him I will STILL take care of any problems that may be left, including the tank! If I had the resources or even my goose neck trailer I would pick up and transport the car back here for free. You certainly made enough trips during the build- I thought you were enjoying the build process, apparently the trips were becoming a headache though!

Buying that car for 25K with a beautiful aluminum Serpent trailer IS s steal and I wish you luck.
Ed -Dv- Combs

Last edited by Double Venom; 08-01-2010 at 04:39 AM..