View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We now begin our journey southbound back to Sault Ste Marie, stopping at many of the spots we passed where you said "Hey why didn't we stop back there?" We're now on the west side of the highway so making these stops during the southbound leg is much easier.

Lake Superior Provincial Park Visitor's Center & Agawa Bay Campground is only 12 minutes south. The visitor's center has an amazing display area describing the big lake and there's also a nice place to sit and rest.

http://www.lakesuperiorpark.ca/index...visitor-center

Next we have another WOW moment as we get to see the southbound view from the Montreal River hill. Your ears might pop again.

15 minutes after leaving the visitor's center, we can once again stop at the Northgate Service Center at Montreal River for fuel. Once on the road again, we stop just 10 minutes later at the Alona Bay Lookout. Sorry, my panoramic pic taken from the back of my truck does not do the view justice.