View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Exclamation This is frightening

Hi all,

I usually try to stay out of Threads, Posts and other forms of discussion on Religion or Politics.

But this just begs comment...

Yesterday I found my self nearby a Greens Party candidate in Portland Victoria. I had previously made mention of this person handing me a brochure and then stated that I was amazed at the time what I was given and reading.

But hell to listen to this candidate and friends talking, left me somewhat frightened by comments made.

Here are just a few of the comments that were made - I must say that not al were made by the candidate but some by friends supporters handing out material.

I will be brief -

here is basically what is being said....

Coal mine closure
Alternative power
Old so called aircraft, cars, motor cycle off the road entirely
Limited use of vehicles in cities
Price fuel to make it a non viable alternative to public transport or bikes
Business using fossal fuel to be closed or go to green fuels
Public transport the real alternative
Limit aircraft travel
Alternative power sources for all business
Carbon taxes on bigger business

The old car and motor cycles caught my interest.

Before I could ask the question, a Mum with her children asked how she would get around Portland and travel to Melbourne if she did not have her 1985 car.

That question was cleared up simply - The Greens would move to ban that car and you would have a better transport system.

I was shocked when a Greens supporter offered the comment that she should not be using her car, but alternatively be walking or using a bicycle.

I watched as the Mum pushed the pusher off with her small boy walking beside her. MMMMmm bright alternative.

This would be a joke if they were not getting more support.

But to hear Greens supporters and Greens candidates say that old cars would be off the road amazes me. This is not old cars that are un cared for but a blanket old car policy.

I asked what about collector vehicles.. The answer was both direct and simple.

"..we do not see collectors having any benefits that the general public don't have. Why should collectors be treated any differently they are a minority that should not be allowed to pollute"

I hope I quoted this accurately. I left before I said something I would regret....

I am not going to get Political but just say take a look at what these guys are saying. Unfortunately with the current state of play the Greens will have a lot more control and vote.

Just my $1.50 worth....
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 08-09-2010 at 02:59 PM..