View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Doug View Post
I don't know you, but I know I've read a few of your posts. Cancer diagnosis and then a divorce? Dude, you are under some major stress. I'd recommend not making any critical decisions right now---such as selling your Cobra project at a loss. Your Cobra sounds close to completion. Wouldn't it be better to corral up some friends and put it together so you could at least drive it, then decide?

More importantly: What type of cancer do you have? What is the treatment and do you have insurance?

I just finished getting my seven year-old through two years of chemotherapy for Leukemia, all the while living on the edge of needing a kidney transplant for myself, and in a marriage teetering on divorce. Working on my Cobra, having that distraction, and then finally getting to drive it really provided an outlet for me. Not sure why, but laying on cold concrete in the middle of winter underneath my Cobra while I bled the clutch lines was somehow therapeutic.

Unless you need the money, I'd say hang onto it and use it as a distraction to the stress you are currently undergoing.

Good luck,
DD
Kind of what I was thinking after reading your progress on this great sounding project.Wow,you do have a lot going on,can't imagine what it must be like.My situation sounds so insignificant compared to yours.After I bought my kit in 93 and 1/2 finished the car, got laid off from job in 94 and almost sold the car.Glad I was talked out of it.No matter, wish you the best,and will keep your car in mind.