View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

OK, so it seems that we need to figure out the following:

1) Create a fund for monetary donations (I could take this on with CobraEd, since we are both local to the DC area)

2) Figure out where the car is going to be assembled - candidates seem to be at Nick Acton's (Mickmate) place in NH (where the car is now), DoubleVenoms in MI or possibly Rick's in NJ? Thoughts?

3) How/Who will finish the build? Several options here too, but I think time is important. It could also be done in two steps - maybe a build party in NH and one in NJ or MI? Some could be volunteer and some paid. I am mindful that this is Nick and Rick's livelihood and we need to respect that. Someone who has time should take on the logistics here.

4) Get a completion status on the car (Nick?)

5) Figure out what parts we still need if any and hopefully get them donated by CC members

6) Transport the remaining parts, the car and the power train to the assembly location(s)

7) Figure out transport for the car if necessary

8) I think Doug is currently in Houston for 9 weeks or so for treatment, so maybe one of you Houston guys can PM him and give him a ride, just to remind him of what awaits him....

9) I think Doug is probably going to sell the KC 482, anyone know anyone that wants to buy it?

That seems to be a good starting point. Thoughts?

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)