View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outwest34au View Post
Good morning all,
was wondering if it is possible to move the my T56 shifter from position A to position B or preferablly position C as per the pic. without too much drama?
I don't need it as far forward as the Mike mod.

Any thoughts or part numbers please chime in.

Thanks

I did about a 'B' and a half on the T56 in my 350 ute using a Camaro Hurst for bugger all. It wasn't a straight bolt on but not too far off. The auction I bought and had posted from the US was this one;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

The shifter when fitted up fine, bolts line up to the aussie T56 fine but the centre of the stick was not in the right place to get all gears, I could get 2,4,6 but not 1,3,5 etc. All I did was unbolt the alloy block from the thick base plate and then bolt it with the back 2 bolts in the front 2 and then drilling out the main hole and drilling and tapping new holes for the front. This moved the stick to the perfect spot and it works perfectly. I sicoflexed some sheet over the old holes to seal it and that was that. This shifter feels fantastic on this box, such a short throw and strong as an ox but so light to shift. All up it was about $150.00 just a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately its all in the car now with cover plate and carpet over or I'd take a photo.